Programmes (the following topics are covered)
· Participatory Development
· Community Organization and Leadership
· Protection of Rights (children’s, women’s, labourers’ and human rights)
· Vocational Training (women & youth)
· Eradication of Child Labour
· Protecting the Migrant Women who leave for Domestic Service
· Psychosocial Development
· Disaster Management
· Protecting the environment
· Organic Farming – Organic Home Gardens
· Health & Sanitation
· First Aid
· Resolving of Conflicts
· Positive Thinking
· Lenten Education
· Communication Skill Development
These programmes are conducted in Sinhala and Tamil mediums. For this purpose we have received the contribution of resource persons from the staff of our organization, universities, educational and vocational training institutes, ministry of education, department s of agriculture and animal husbandry, non-governmental organizations and freelance resource contributors.
In the past, we have not organized a friendly get-together of these resource persons. Therefore, in the year 2010, we celebrated the resource person’s day with the following objectives on the 27th of November 2010 at the SETIK auditorium, Kandy, which was presided over by the Director, Rev. Fr. Camillus D. Jansz.
· Appreciating the, resource contribution provided through this organization for the grass root level communities in the plantation and rural areas in the Central Province.
· Discussing the organizations focus in forth coming year
· Discussing their anticipated services in the forthcoming year
· Building up the inter-connection among them as a training pool.
The following out put has been achieved through these programmes:
· Improving the cordial relationship and understanding between the organization and the resource persons
· Further improving the community development attitude of the resource persons
· Using the knowledge and merits of the resource persons, for the methodical improvement of the organization
· The resource persons who live among various ethnic groups in the central province get an opportunity to identify each other and to build up their cordial relationship. Thereby improving national integration and peace process.
· Expansion understanding between the government and non governmental organizations.
It has been decided to conduct this programme on the last Saturday of the month of November in every year and it was fixed for the 26th of November 2011.